CAPAC® - ICCP Systems
Industry standard CAPAC® systems provide automatic, permanent protection that prevents electrolysis and galvanic corrosion from attacking the submerged surfaces of a broad range of sea-going vessels and fixed or mobile offshore structures.
The CAPAC® system has three core components: Controllers, Anodes, Electrodes and power supply.
Industry standard CAPAC® impressed current cathodic protection (ICCP) systems provide automatic, permanent protection that prevents electrolysis and galvanic corrosion from attacking the submerged surfaces of a broad range of sea-going vessels and fixed or mobile offshore structures. CAPAC systems are a long-term solution to corrosion problems on hulls, and are recognised as a superior alternative to sacrificial anode systems — which require more frequent replacement and increased fuel and maintenance costs. CAPAC systems are ideal for fixed platforms that do not benefit from regular dry docks. As the CAPAC system has been proven to be effective and reliable over long periods of time, the solution is an ultimate solution for FPSO’s, FLNG or other fixed platforms with subsea connections.
- Recognised global leadership – More than 3,000 CAPAC® systems installed worldwide. Approved by all classification societies for all types of vessels;
- Long life span – Designed to provide a 20 plus year service life;
- Simple operations – Automatic control equipment ensures reliable, simple operation. Anodes are light, sturdy and compact for easy shipping, storage and installation;
- Increased life of rudders, shafts, struts and propellers – Anodes, reference cells and automatic control systems maintain just the right amount of protection for underwater hulls and fittings, unlike standard zinc anodes, which can’t adjust to changes in salinity or compensate for extreme paint loss;
- Increased drydock interval
- Can help to reduce fuel costs
- Trusted supplier to naval forces around the world for over 50 years
What is Cathodic Protection?
Impressed current cathodic protection (ICCP) is a type of system usually applied where there are elevated current requirements for protection against corrosion. This is used in cases where the driving voltage is higher than the galvanic system or if there is a need for increased system control.
It offers permanent and automatic protection that aids in preventing galvanic corrosion and electrolysis from attacking the undersides of various mobile or fixed offshore structures as well as sea vessels. It is the top protection system of choice of ship owners since it can efficiently reduce maintenance and fuel cost.
Impressed current cathodic protection works by delivering controlled amounts of DC current to the surfaces submerged in water with the aid of ultra-reliable zinc electrodes as well as combined anodes of metal oxide. The electrical current that is continuously regulated and monitored by the ICCP system helps prevent the electrochemical mechanism of galvanic corrosion prior to its attack.
Since the 1990s, different types of sea vessels like LNG carriers, oil tankers, work boats as well as cruise ships have achieved substantial benefits from ICCP’s 24-hour protection from the damaging and costly effects of electrolysis.
Advantages of Evoqua ICCP
- Enhanced lifespan of shafts, propellers and rudders as well as other sea vessel parts involved in electrolysis;
- Anodes are sturdy, light and compressed for convenient storage, shipping and setup;
- Reference cells along with automatic control and anodes help keep proper protection levels for submerged fittings and hulls, which can be more advantageous than zinc anodes that cannot adjust or compensate for extreme loss of paints or salinity changes;
- Guarantees simple and dependable operation;
- Maximum corrosion protection documentation at the least overall expense;
- Single installation needed for the structure or vessel;
- Enhanced dry rock period;
- Recognized by all societies of classification for all vessel types;
- Designed to deliver more than 20 years of service.
CAPAC® – Impressed Current Cathodic Protection System
For more information about our CAPAC® ICCP-system please visit the ICCP-system page or contact us.
COMMON SPARE PARTS:
|W3T106768||4FT Anode 100 Amp||Supr.W3T105637 & 82824-100NCE|
|W3T105070||4FT Anode assy 75 / 100Amp|
|W3T105078||8FT Anode assy 150 Amp.|
|W2T624296||8FT Anode assy 200 / 225Amp.|
|W3T106772||8FT Anode Assy 225A, 28V, NCE kit|
|W3T105040||Anode Assy 50 Amp|
|W3T105640||Anode Assy Elliptical|
|W2T110861||Anode Card 0.2-5A 12,8V|
|W2T625264||Corrosion monitor CM2|
|W2T624212||Reference Electrode Assembly|
|W3T106764||Reference Electrode Assy, NCE kit|
|W2T624303||Corrosion Monitor CM2|
Send your inquiry to email@example.com